1. Be very honest with your Realtor.
When you find a trusted Residential Real Estate Agent, be prepared to share your personal information. This will be a confidential conversation and will not be shared with other agents or potential buyers. Let your trusted Realtor know why you are selling and what you you want to accomplish after the sale as you will be a team. Your Agent may have suggestions to help with your personal objectives.
2. Concerns with having buyers come into your home? Do you have small children, an elderly relative living with you that may require a little extra time for notifications or special arrangements? Do you have pets that could be aggressive or traumatized when strangers come into your home? Any unique pets a concern? For example, do you have a snake or an iguana? All of these scenarios should be discussed and plans made for ease of all showing requests. Remember, if you turn down a showing, you could be saying “No” to a potential buyer.
3. Strategic pricing and marketing are so important! An experienced Residential Realtor in the Alabaster, AL area will discuss a winning strategy for the pricing of your home. Marketing is not only an art, but it is extremely crucial to the success of the sale of your home. Honesty between your and your Realtor is essential regarding the 4 Key Factors to selling your home: Price, Condition, Location and the current Market Conditions. Listen to your Realtor who has experience in this area, and keep your mind open and your eyes on your objective. BECOME DETACHED! Your home is now a house that is being sold. Don’t be attached to the outcome or what the feedback on your house may be. Learn from the feedback, and toss out any hurt feelings. Your Realtor’s motto should be “I am here to tell you what you need to know, and not necessarily what you may want to hear”. Anything less is not in your best interest. If your home is priced well, and you have completed all tasks your Realtor has suggested, your home should sell in a reasonable amount of time at an agreed upon price.
4. First impressions are hard to change! Your Agent will have the eyes of a buyer when touring your home. Remove all of your “personality”. Make the changes suggested. A few dollars in storing excess items or making important repairs or replacements can equate to hundreds or thousands of dollars in the suggested price or the final contract price of your home.
Have you been to a model home? Does it look like your home? Can you see yourself living in that home? Does the placement of furniture, lack of clutter and personalization peak your interest to purchase that house or live in that neighborhood? This is what you want to accomplish when placing your home on the market!
5. Trust Linda Hankins, your Residential Real Estate Agent in Alabaster AL. When listing your home with Linda, anywhere in the Greater Birmingham AL area, she will ensure your home is the Best Dressed Lady on your street before it goes on the Market! She will lead you through the entire process and get your home sold!